Structure Building Design
Structure Building Design provides design, drawings and documentation for residential building projects. We specialise in alterations and additions for houses and apartments and have a passion for inner city dwellings.
As no two projects are the same, we work with our clients to establish a clear direction and understanding before beginning the design process. We are proud of our quality designs and workmanship, with our clients attesting to our ability in creating the homes they desire.
How we can help
Structure Building Design offers the following services.
- drawings and documentation for council or complying development
- construction drawings
- finishes - internal and external
Susan Jarrett is the owner of Structure Building Design and is an Accredited Building Designer and Greensmart professional.
Susan's life experiences helped her succeed in building design. She attributes her ability to solve problems such as, flow, storage and access to light, to her childhood years spent living on a small yacht.
Her training in medical science gave her an appreciation of accuracy, precision and detail. Although science was a satisfying career, it did not realise her creative potential, which she has been able to find in building design.
Susan’s passion for building and education complements her teaching of Building Studies at Sydney TAFE and her duties as Ambassador for TAFE NSW. She is a member of the Building Designers Australia Accreditation and Training committee and runs a national mentoring program for BDA Australia student members.
Susan has received the following educational awards and achievements;
- Sydney TAFE 'Construction, Engineering and Transport Susan Jarrett Industry Award’ has been named in her honour for the years 2016-2018
- Ambassador for TAFE NSW 2015-2017
- NSW Training Awards Vocational Student of the Year 2012
- Sydney TAFE Institute Medal winner 2012
- Built Environment and Transport Industry Award 2012
- Diploma of Architectural Technology State Medal Winner 2011